Tuesday 19 June 2012

Zane Linke: The Outsiders

                                                                                                              
                                                           The Outsiders
 In my experience with ‘The Outsiders’ it  made think about if kids these days go through, what they did. Also, because I didn’t even know about the novel and film. It was a very amazing experience. As being the same age as Ponyboy. It was like we connected. 
 In the novel the rumble between the socs and grease wasn’t as exciting as the film because it made it feel real.  ‘The Outsiders’ isn’t just about fights. It also focuses on emotion states as well.  For example hen Poyboy and Cherry meet at the movies ad start liking each other.  Also when Johnny and Danny die at the end of the novel and film. The novel ad film had lots going on.  I believe it made it more exiting. It also made it feel like there was nothing boring in it. I found that as I was reading and watching the ‘The Outsiders” it made a harm feeling in my stomach. Because it made me think about kids there age doing what they did and what they went through.
 As I was reading the novel I came across the greasers and soc style in clothing. The greaser had long greasy hair, jeans, white or black shirts and a jacket. With the socs wear cream long pants, sweaters, with tennis shoes. In the film and novel the greasers where on the east which meant that they rolled the east sides of town and the socs where west side which meant that they rolled the west side of town. During the film and the novel pony boy loves sunsets as well as this girl named cherry. Cherry was a soc because she was rich and ponyboy wasn’t. Pony boy looked past the faked that she was a soc because she said “not all soc are like that”. Bill (cherry’s boyfriend) was the leaders of the socs. He drove the blue mustang that, ponyboy and Johnny where scared of because they remember that car. Also in the novel it seemed like everyone liked the same and in the novel everyone was different in the way they got clothed.
During the outsiders I found that there stylistic features were good and also it made everything more affective because of the language of it and the style of the novel and film. I liked it because it had lots of words that are used today and how they made different word for most of the words. Also with the shots there are so many different shot that make it affective.
Overall I found the outsiders one of the best films and novels I have ever read and watched because I had feel like I had a conation with the characters also I found that I liked the film better than the novel. Because I had more of an conation with everyone.

2 comments: